Get A Silky Smooth Skin With These Two DIY Body Scrub
- By Aranya Agarwal , December 23, 2020
Exfoliation has become an important add-on in our face cleansing routine, but have you ever thought that maybe your body might also be needing some deep cleansing? Well!! We have got just the right body scrub for you, and the most amazing characteristic of this body scrub is that it is easy to make and use too.
Exfoliation helps in deep pore cleansing of the skin. It not just provides moisture to the skin, but also removes the dead cells making the skin look brighter and softer. Also, massaging your skin with a scrub will help your body to relax.
Tips To DIY Body Scrubs
1. The right consistency is the consistency where the mixture isn’t too runny but also not too crumbly.
2. Don’t over-exfoliate your skin, only apply the body scrub twice a week.
3. It is always recommended to apply the body scrub after a shower.
4. Always rinse the body scrub with warm water.
So, without wasting any further time, here are two amazing DIY body scrubs for you to do at your home and at your own pace.
1. Coffee Scrub
The famous and one of the most effective body scrub is the coffee scrub. Coffee which contains huge amounts of caffeine is tested to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Apart from that, the tiny granules of coffee help in better exfoliation without causing any harm or tear in the skin. Moreover, coffee has anti-aging properties that work on diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. Coffee scrub acts as a great exfoliator and makes the skin younger and brighter/
1. ½ cup coffee (ground)
2. 2 tbsp hot water
3. 1 tbsp coconut oil (warmed)
1. Add the ground coffee and the hot water to a mixing bowl and mix both the ingredients thoroughly with a spoon.
2. Add the warmed coconut oil, and mix it in the mixture till you get the right consistency.
3. When you are happy with the consistency of the body scrub, put the consistency into a bowl.
4. Apply it whenever you want.
2. Honey Sugar Scrub
It is one of the most popular scrubs in the town, and also one of the most recommended ones. Honey contains antibacterial properties that help in healing the skin from any scars or infections and also inhabits any bacteria buildup. Sugar on the other hand is a great exfoliator and removes dead skin cells without any hassle. Both of them combine to form a great body scrub with numerous benefits. One of the most nourishing body scrubs, it is usually the first choice when it comes to body scrub.
1. ½ cup brown sugar
2. ¼ cup coconut oil (warmed)
3. 2 tbsp honey
1. Mix all three ingredients in a bowl, and mix them thoroughly.
2. More warmed coconut oil could be added if the consistency is too crumbly.
3. Once you are happy with the consistency, pour it into your desired container.
4. Apply it whenever you want to use it
DIY body scrubs are highly easy to make and are super cheap to the pocket. Most of the ingredients that are required to make a body scrub are present at home. It is recommended to be gentle on the skin when applying a body scrub.