5 Des’Tress’ing Steps to Avoid Split Ends
- By zbuzzusr , March 9, 2020
Be it Mandira Bedi’s pixie cut or Deepika Padukon’s lustrous mane; everybody loves shiny, strong hairs. But the most common problem that women suffer from is split ends. Where the common advice always revolves around chopping of your ‘lambe, ghane baal’, here are a few things you can do before heading to a hair salon for a chop-chop session.
1. Stay Away from Hot Water
No doubt hot water baths are comforting, but not for hair follicles. Hot water dries your hair strands, making them limp and prone to split ends. Instead, use cold or lukewarm water to wash your hair.
2. Use Hair Oil
Amongst the ‘Naani ma ke nuskhe,’ oil massage has always been the top choice. Some of the best oil types that provide the required nourishment to hair strands are:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Argan oil
- Castor oil
It is best to apply hair oil after heating it a little and leaving it overnight.
3. Be Friends with Hair Masks
Deep conditioning masks can help retain the required moisture, essential to hydrate your hair. Opt for honey or banana hair masks, as both act as excellent natural conditioners.
- Honey mask preparation is easy as it requires a mixture of 2 – 4 teaspoons of honey and 3 teaspoons of milk. Coat your hair (leave the scalp) with this mixture and leave it for 1 – 2 hours before rinsing off with an herbal shampoo.
- The preparation of the banana mask is also simple as it requires 2 teaspoons of coconut milk/ milk and 1 ripe, mashed banana (strained). Apply the mixture from your hair roots to the tips, leave it for 1 – 2 hours and wash it with herbal shampoo.
Avoid Daily Shampoo Sessions
Shampooing daily strips the hair’s natural oil. This dries the hair follicles, leading to split ends. It is better to shampoo your hair at least twice a week to witness a considerable change in your hair’s texture.
5. Say Yes to Microfiber Towel
Microfiber towels have softer fibers than your average bathing towels. These towels absorb excess water and reduce the chances of hair breakage. The result is less to no split ends.
Chopping off your ‘reshmi zulfe’ is indeed an emotionally painful step. But following the above steps will definitely save you from heartbreak and prevent ruining your gorgeous look.